|As the old saying goes - don't leave home without it! Not your health insurance card anyway. Read Bangkok Phil's article in which he explores the options open to you if you want to take out health insurance in Thailand and why you shouldn't get too excited if schools offer 'free health cover'|
Ajarn.com Teachers Group Insurance Program
- An excellent cost/benefit health insurance value for teachers.
- Good basic coverage for most in-patient hospital needs.
- Basic coverage is expanded by 90/10 major medical coverage.
- Covers the full cost of a private hospital room (with food and nursing care) at most of the hospitals in Thailand
- Covers the cost of a semi-private hospital room (with food and nursing care) at internationally acclaimed Bumrungrad Hospital.
- Your THI medical card will provide direct payment assurance to more than 300 hospitals/clinics in Thailand
- Provides 24 hour coverage anywhere in the world.
- Free worldwide emergency service assistance from SOS, including medical evacuation & repatriation back to Thailand.
- Dependents can be enrolled also.
For more information on the ajarn teacher policy or any aspect of health insurance in Thailand, send an e-mail to the BSI broker team, who now take care of the ajarn group policy. Their e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the basic health insurance rules to keep in mind?
Remember - health insurance is a business
A breakdown of health insurance costs
A selection of letters from ajarn readers
A reality check