I manage a website called California Accent which provides over 300 TEFL lessons organized into 16 courses and 5 curriculums.
These lessons are intended to be used by TEFL teachers in Thailand to supplement (not replace) the standard teaching materials issued by the provincial administrative organizations.
Most of the lessons have Thai translations of the English vocabulary words. Most of the lessons are available for free download; some are available for purchase in the form a downloadable ZIP file (199B/course).
In an effort to improve the effectiveness and accuracy of these lessons, I’m initiating a Beta Test program. I will send all of these lessons on a USB flash drive to the first 10 people who meet certain requirements.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- A 16GB Kingsington USB flash drive, nominally worth 120B. The flash drives are metal and will have been used only once to load the lesson files.
- PDF versions of 300 TEFL lessons. The normal charge for this set of lessons including the flash drive is 500B.
- This includes the latest version of the English for Primary School curriculum which was recently updated. There are over 150 lessons in the EPS curriculum covering 600 words. EPS1 covers 100 words. EPS2 covers 200 words, including the same words covered in EPS1. EPS3 covers 300 words, including the same words covered in EPS2, etc.
- Most of the lessons are targeted for students in primary school, however the Intermediate Vocabulary and Conversation courses are well-suited for secondary school students.
- There are three Science courses which were very popular with both primary and secondary students.
The requirements for Beta Testers are as follows:
- I ask that you make a good-faith effort to actually use some of the lessons.
- Preference will be given to teachers who work at poor rural schools. I’d like you to provide the number of students enrolled at the school where you teach and the name of the closest town or village. I won’t contact the school; I simply want this information so I know where the lessons are being used.
- I’ll send you a short questionnaire about 3 months from now. Mainly I’ll want to know how you used the lessons and ask if you have any constructive suggestions for improving them. I promise to not send you any spam other than the questionnaire.
- If you’re one of the first 10 people to meet these conditions, I’ll send a confirmation message to you asking for your physical mailing address. Your name and information you provide will be not be shared with anyone else
Of course, I have no way of determining your willingness to actually use the lessons or respond to the questionnaire. On the other hand, cooperative Beta Testers who provide useful feedback will be given additional free materials as they are developed.
I have no idea how successful this program will be, and I only have 10 flash drives. If more than 10 people respond I’ll try to accommodate them. If you would like to participate in the California Accent Beta Test program, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Your name
- The mailing address where you would like to receive the flash drive
- The approximate number of students at the school where you teach
- The name of the closest town or village to your school