|International Christian School|
|At least ฿50,000 / month (full time)|
EY OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The Technology Specialist is responsible for guiding and assisting teachers in the integration of educational technology in the classroom. This includes creating professional development plans and providing hands-on coaching and mentoring to enhance teachers' technology skills, with a focus on innovation to enhance student learning. The role will require collaboration with the technology teams, academic leadership and teachers in the planning, decision making, and implementation of programs to support the use of technology in new and engaging ways.
- Work closely with the academic leadership, technology team, and teachers to ensure seamless integration of technology throughout the school
- Stay current with emerging educational technology trends and provide recommendations for new solutions
- Teach at least two (2) technology subjects in either elementary or secondary level
- Manage at least one (1) robotics team in either elementary or middle school division
Apple Education Specialist
- Develop and deliver professional development opportunities for teachers on Apple technology integration and best practices
- Provide expert level knowledge support for Apple hardware and software to teachers and staff
- Assist the technology team in managing and maintaining the school's Apple devices and software, including deployment, inventory, and repair
- Coordinate and lead training sessions for students, teachers and staff on the use of Apple devices and software for 1:1 Learning.
Educational Technology Support
- Provide technical assistance to faculty in the use of integrated eLearning tools (i.e., IXL. RazKids, Class Dojo, SeeSaw, etc.)
- Assist principals and teachers in the identification, evaluation, implementation, and use of appropriate technology resources.
- Review educational technology products suggested/requested by principals and teachers.
- Design and deliver teacher professional development workshops.
- Create a repository of tutorial videos or resources for teachers
- In coordination with school policies and procedures, promote continued development and use of the school’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), digital citizenship program, and current technology standards.
Technology Teaching Role
- Plan, develop, and evaluate lessons for the assigned technology subject
- Promote a positive learning environment that includes behavioral management techniques appropriate to the needs of all students
- Work collaboratively with other Technology Teachers in development of courses or lessons
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
- Facilitate at least one extra-curricular activity per semester i.e. Robotics club, coding club, makerspace, etc.
- Being involved in extracurricular activities to enhance the school experience for students
- Technology Specialist reports to the School Principals via the Technology Coordinator.
QUALIFICATION AND TRAINING
- A degree plus teaching qualification (or equivalent)
- Higher degree or recognized professional qualification (preferred)
- Evidence of continued relevant professional development
- Educational Certifications from Google, Apple, Microsoft, or equivalent (preferred)
- At least two years of experience in Apple Education products/technologies (required)
- Proven experience as a classroom teacher, technology specialist and/or curriculum consultant (preferred)
- Experience in an international school environment (preferred)
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills
- A demonstrated and genuine liking and appreciation of children
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Effective communication skills in a multi-cultural environment