|Satit Bilingual School of Rangsit University|
|At least ฿55,000 / month (full time)|
Social Studies Teacher for Secondary School
Satit Bilingual School of Rangsit University (SBS) is a leading bilingual school offering exceptional education to all of its students, from Early Learning to Year 13.
We are a Cambridge International Examination Centre as well as an International Baccalaureate - Primary Years Programme School in Bangkok. We offer Cambridge IGCSE and AS/A levels as well the O-Net Thai High School Diploma. SBS Bangkok invites qualified applicants to apply for the following position for Academic Year 2023:
Social Studies Teacher for Secondary School - Duties & Responsibilities
● Prepare subject-specific lessons in Social Studies for high school students (Grade 7 - 12)
● Implement Cambridge Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students are engaged in lessons
● Collaborate with other teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
● Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the
trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
● Manage student behaviour to foster academic achievement, personal
responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students
● Attend and contribute at weekly department meetings with feedback on student performance
● Encourage consultation, review and improvement
● Be punctual, organised and willing to fully contribute to all aspects of school life
● Provide effective feedback to further student learning, instigating reteaching strategies when required
● Assess, record and monitor the progress of all students according to faculty guidelines
● Hold at least a Bachelor's degree in a Social Studies Subject or a related field of education, PGCE certificate or similar desired.
● Must have at least two years of experience teaching in a Secondary school setting.
● Knowledge of IGCSE / AS / A level is an advantage.
● Business experience is an advantage.
● Expat teacher fluent in English.
● Salary at least 55K baht per month (Up to 60K depending on teaching experience)
● Full Scholarship for children Nursery to Year 13
● Muang thai Health and accident Insurance
● Provident fund
● Assistance with all legal fees and processing (visa, work permit etc.)
● Starting next academic year (June, 2023)
● 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. workday Monday to Friday (approximately 20 - 22 hours of
Applications should include:
1. Cover letter expressing the candidate’s background, experience, interests, philosophy of education and salary expectation
2. CV, which must include: your contact details, a recent professional photograph, salary expectation and the email addresses and phone numbers of two professional referees.
3. Copy of passport, visa and work permit (if any)
SBS invites qualified candidates to apply for immediate consideration by email their application letter to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Please kindly name the subject as "Application for Social Studies Teacher for Secondary School"
Visit the website to learn more information about SBS at https://www.sbs.ac.th/bangkok.html