|Brighton College International School|
|At least ฿60,000 / month (full time)|
Teacher of EAL
Brighton College Bangkok is a dynamic and exciting school looking for enthusiastic and passionate teachers. This is a unique opportunity to join an exceptional and hard working team with the united goal of ensuring that every child reaches their potential, both academically and socially, by pushing boundaries and broadening horizons.
Brighton College Bangkok
Brighton College opened its first sister school in Bangkok, one of South East Asia’s most vibrant and successful capital cities, in September 2016. Situated on an iconic and purpose-built 20-acre campus in central Bangkok. It comprises a Preparatory School (2 to 11), and a Senior School (for 11 to 18), with a pupil capacity of 1,500.
The spectacular, state of the art campus includes a specialist Performing Arts Centre, a large Sports Centre with IOC approved swimming pools and an IOC 400m running track, as well as innovative and dynamic Learning Resource Centres.
Brighton College Bangkok delivers the Brighton College curriculum leading to IGCSEs and A-levels. Its pupils aspire to the leading universities of the world, including Oxbridge and the US Ivy League. The College is a member of COBIS and is ISQM accredited by EDT.
Brighton College Bangkok benefits from a strong partnership with Brighton College, the UK’s top co-educational school, and with Brighton College Singapore, Brighton College Abu Dhabi, Brighton College Dubai and Brighton College Al Ain, its three sister schools in the Middle East. The Brighton family of schools currently educates more than 5,500 pupils, with the flagship school being the Times School of the Decade.
● Be enthusiastic and passionate about education with an understanding of UK best practice.
● Show a flexible and adaptable attitude to the varied demands of working in a world-class school environment.
● Work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
● Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
● Be reliable and respectful at all times.
● Present a professional image in line with the high expectations of Brighton College.
● Be a talented communicator, orally and in writing with a high level of fluency in the English language.
● Have a knowledge of teaching English and the necessary understanding of language learning.
Teaching and Learning
● Be an ambassador of the College at all times, in school and in Thailand.
● Be pre prepared to be trained in LEXIA and use the resources to develop language skills in pupils designated as in need of EAL
● Work independently with both individuals and groups of pupils who are withdrawn from MFL to teach English as an Additional language under the guidance of the Director of Learning Support
● Work with groups of children in a variety of different subject lessons under the direction of the subject / class teacher and contribute towards assessment.
● Assist with maintaining and developing the academic and behavioural standards set by the school.
● Support the positive learning and behavioural ethos of the school.
● Be aware of and involved in the curriculum planning process and attend necessary planning meetings.
● Assist and work alongside the children on the computer.
● Prepare materials and resources for delivery of lessons.
● Support the EAL and SEN Department to prepare displays and to assist in the mounting of work.
● Help run administrative systems that are set up in the classroom/year groups (book change/letter distribution etc.).
● Conduct formal assessments to determine placement of new pupils and progress of pupils in receipt of EAL support.
● Complete progress reports and support the Director of Learning support in the production of Individual Education Plans
● Liaise with the Head of Senior school to determine when pupils can be removed from lessons.
● Create clear action plans and share regular updates with the Director of Learning Support
● Celebrate the achievements of EAL pupils through sharing improved test scores with tutors and Heads of School.
● Show an active interest in each child’s personal and domestic circumstances, and to foster the personal and social developments of each pupil in your care
● Actively promote the social, moral and cultural ethos of the College community
● Care for the social needs of the children as appropriate to their age.
● Care for the safety and well being of children during lunch and play times.
● Help maintain high standards of safety and care.
● Escort children to the nurse base if they are injured or ill.
● Supervise children when playing in designated areas in accordance with rotas.
● Assist and encourage children when eating their lunch.
● Be aware of and act upon all policies regarding the safeguarding of children.
● Create an atmosphere of support by being aware of, and fully compliant with, all College Polices, including the Code of Conduct, the School Rules, and the Anti-bullying Policy.
● Be familiar with all College policies on Health and Safety and be proactive in ensuring the safety of all members of the College community at all times.
● Promote exemplary behaviour and a responsible attitude amongst all pupils at all times.
● Ensure that all communication is acted upon appropriately and in a timely manner.
● Be responsible for all College resources, particularly those in your care, reporting damage or loss to the appropriate authority within the College.
● Foster a close partnership with parents, initiating contact in appropriate circumstances and ensuring that there is a record of this.
● Carry out any reasonable professional request made by the Headmaster or Head of School
● Usual working hours on the school site would be 7.15am –4.15pm
● As part of a rota system, there is an expectation for hours on site to be 7am – 4.30pm whenever supervising an after school activity.
● Bachelor Degree
● Experience of working as a teacher of English as an additional language.
● Experience of administering Cambridge testing preferred.
● Excellent spoken and written English
Brighton College Bangkok is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Should your application be successful, a disclosure will be requested from the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service for British nationals; local police checks will be undertaken for successful applicants of other nationalities.