|Satit Bilingual School of Rangsit University|
|At least ฿75,000 / month (full time)|
KS 3 and 4 Science Teacher / Head of Department
PostedStart date: As soon as possible.
We are looking for a committed and dynamic head of department to join the Science department at SIBS, Chiang Mai, Thailand from August 2022.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior leader or an experienced Science teacher with middle-management skills looking for the next step in their career. You should be somebody who is looking to join a growing and ambitious Cambridge International school in Northern Thailand. You will be responsible for running a successful department and should have previous experience implementing outstanding teaching and learning practice both within the classroom and across a wider department setting.
The accompanying teaching role will cover Key Stages 3 and 4. You should be comfortable teaching the Cambridge One program (General Science), as well as have experience teaching iGCSE Physics.
Successful applicants must have:
• A B.Ed. or a Bachelor’s in the field of the Physical Sciences.
• At least 3 years experience teaching secondary Science.
• Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England or the Cambridge International Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and/or Key Stage 4 will be an advantage.
• Experience teaching the iGCSE Coordinated Sciences / Physics syllabus would be an advantage.
• High school middle-management leadership experience (preferred), although not essential.
• A proven track record of outstanding teaching and learning practices.
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child.
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
• Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills in order to work collaboratively with staff, students and Parents.
• A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom.
• Able and willing to promote our mission and values.
• Have a sense of humour and be a team player.
• Be committed to helping us grow and develop a productive, effective, happy school.
• Consistent involvement in extracurricular activities.
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, age and ethnic background.
• Experience in teaching second language learners of English.
In return we can offer you:
• Up to 75,000 Thai Baht salary, depending on qualifications and teaching experience.
• Health and accident Insurance.
• Provident fund.
• Approximately 12 weeks of paid holiday.
• Assistance with all legal fees and processing (visa, work permit etc.).
• Full scholarships available for up to two children.
We will consider applicants with completed documents that include a cover letter expressing the candidate’s background, experience, interests and philosophy of education. Attached must be a CV of no more than two pages, which must include: your contact details, a recent professional photograph, salary expectation and the email addresses or phone numbers of two professional referees. Successful candidates will also need to be able to provide a police check from their home country showing no question regarding suitability to work with children.
Candidates are to send their application to the current Head of Science and Vice Principal, Mr. Daniel F. Jager, via email at: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Satit International Bilingual School of Rangsit University
Satit International Bilingual School of Rangsit University (SIBS) is a licensed Cambridge International School hosting CIE examinations. SIBS is also a registered SAT testing center.
SIBS invites qualified applicants to apply for immediate consideration. https://www.sibs.ac.th/chiangmai.html