|Global Education Consultancy|
|At least ฿33,000 / month (full time)|
High School Teachers
PostedStart teaching in rural Thailand right away and have the adventure of a lifetime! Global Education Consultancy is looking for passionate native and non-native English-speaking teachers to work in government schools in north-eastern Thailand.
We can only consider applicants who are already located in Thailand or who have booked and confirmed travel plans to arrive here before the 5th of July 2022 for these roles. Please note that the roles will be filled (by suitably qualified applicants) on a "first-come, first-served" basis, meaning that those who are able to arrive and start work the soonest will be given priority.
At the moment we have the following roles available;
- Two roles at a high school in Surin (north-eastern Thailand - 430km from Bangkok) teaching English for Communication (no other subjects). We are able to consider native and non-native English speaking teachers for these positions.
- One role at a kindergarten in Suphanburi (100km from Bangkok) teaching their English Program. We are able to consider native English speakers for this position.
- We are also looking for relief teachers in Bangkok who can work on an as-needs basis. Please note that relief teachers are not employed on a permanent basis and will be paid at an hourly or daily rate.
The position details are as follows:
- Around 20 to 22 periods of teaching per week from Monday to Friday, with working hours between 7.30am and 4.30pm.
- Creating lesson materials to supplement the existing curriculum and enable students to speak English in a more natural and communicative manner will be important in these roles.
- Some online teaching may be required at times.
Benefits for teachers include:
- Monthly salary package of THB33,000. This consists of THB31,000 net base salary plus an accumulated monthly attendance bonus of THB2,000 (which is paid out at the end of the contract).
*Please note that this rate applies to native English speaking teachers (holding a passport from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United Kingdom, United States, Ireland or South Africa and having completed high school and university in one of these countries) with a Bachelor's Degree or higher. Other rates apply for teachers who are not native speakers of English as per the above definition as well as those who do not hold a Bachelor's Degree and TEFL certificate.
- Contract from the first day of teaching until March 2023.
- Thai public holidays will be paid, but semester break will be unpaid.
- Non-B Visa and Work Permit for eligible teachers. All teachers with qualifications that match the Thai government's requirements and who supply suitable documentation will be provided with a Non-B visa & Work Permit.
- Bus ticket from Bangkok (or other locations in Thailand by prior arrangement) to your place of work will be reimbursed and assistance will be given to find suitable long-term accommodation.
Applicants should note the following:
- Due to Thai government schools in these provinces having a compulsory retirement age of 60 we are unable to process Work Permits or Non-B visas for teachers over this age for these positions. However, teachers over the age of 60 are welcome to apply if they are able to make their own visa arrangements.
- Teachers without degrees may also apply if they have sufficient teaching experience (preferably in Thailand) as well as suitable qualifications. However, these teachers will be responsible for making their own visa arrangements.
If you would like to be considered for an interview for one of these positions you will need to send the following information to email@example.com. Please do not send links to online documents:
- Your resume (in Word or PDF format) with personal profile, employment history and qualifications.
- Your current location and the specific date you are available to start work.
- Clear copies of your passport information page and current Thai visa or entry stamp.
- Clear copies of any relevant certificates (Degree, TEFL etc.).
- Clear recent photograph.
- Brief (1-2min) introductory video telling us a bit about yourself, your teaching experience, your qualifications and your philosophies on teaching and education. It should not be a demo lesson. Please note that this will be sent to the school as part of the final stages of the recruitment process if you are selected for an interview.
- Your COVID-19 vaccination status. Please note that as per Thai government policy we are only able to consider fully vaccinated teachers for these positions.
*Please note that only teachers who send the above information will be considered for an interview. Furthermore, lodgment of an application with us will be taken as an acknowledgement on your behalf that you have read this advertisement thoroughly and that you understand and accept the terms, conditions and details contained in it.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only teachers selected to progress to the interview stage will hear from our team. Should you be selected for an interview we will be in touch with you soon. We look forward to hearing from you!