|Global Education Consultancy|
|At least ฿33,000 / month (full time)|
Teachers for Government Schools
PostedStart teaching in rural Thailand right away and have the adventure of a lifetime! Global Education Consultancy is looking for passionate native and non-native English-speaking teachers who would like to teach in government schools in Roi Et, Surin and Sisaket for the upcoming school year (2022/23).
We will only be able to interview applicants who are currently located in Thailand and are available to start teaching between the 17th and the 20th of May. Unfortunately we cannot consider applicants who do not meet the above criteria for these positions.
Please note that the roles will be filled (by suitably qualified applicants) on a "first-come, first-served" basis, meaning that those who are able to arrive and start work the soonest will be given priority.
At the moment we have the following roles available;
1 - Two roles at a high school in Surin teaching English for Communication (no other subjects). We are able to consider native and non-native English speaking teachers for these positions.
2 - One role at a high school in Roi Et teaching English for Communication (no other subjects). We are able to consider native and non-native English speaking teachers for this position.
3 - One role at a kindergarten in Sisaket teaching their English Programme. We are able to consider native and non-native English speaking teachers for this position, but it is important that applicants have experience teaching young children.
The position details are as follows:
- Around 20 to 22 periods of teaching per week from Monday to Friday, with working hours between 7.30am and 4.30pm.
- Creating lesson materials to supplement the existing curriculum and enable students to speak English in a more natural and communicative manner will be important in these roles.
- Some online teaching may be required at times.
Benefits for teachers include:
- Monthly net salary of THB31,000 plus accumulated monthly attendance bonus of THB2,000 (total salary package THB33,000) for a native English speaking teacher (holding a passport from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United Kingdom, United States, Ireland or South Africa and having completed high school and university in one of these countries) with a Bachelor's Degree or higher.
*Other rates apply for teachers who are not native speakers of English as per the above definition as well as those who do not hold a Bachelor's Degree and TEFL certificate.
- Non-B Visa and Work Permit for eligible teachers. All teachers with qualifications that match the Thai government's requirements and who supply suitable documentation will be provided with a Non-B visa & Work Permit.
- Bus ticket from Bangkok (or other locations in Thailand by prior arrangement) to your place of work will be reimbursed by GEC and assistance will be given to find suitable long-term accommodation.
Applicants should note the following:
- Due to Thai government schools in these provinces having a compulsory retirement age of 60 we are unable to process Work Permits or Non-B visas for teachers over this age for these positions. However, teachers over the age of 60 are welcome to apply if they are able to make their own visa arrangements.
- Teachers without degrees may also apply if they have sufficient teaching experience (preferably in Thailand) as well as suitable qualifications. However, these teachers will be responsible for making their own visa arrangements.
To be considered for an interview:
- Please send your resume to email@example.com with the following information in either Word or PDF format (please do not send links to online documents):
- Current location and specific date you are available to start work in one of the above locations.
- Which of the above-mentioned areas you would prefer to teach in.
- Clear copies of your passport information page and current Thai visa or entry stamp.
- Clear copies of any relevant certificates (Degree, TEFL etc.).
- Recent photograph (this can be included in your resume).
- Brief (1-2min) introductory video telling us a bit about yourself, your teaching experience, your qualifications and your philosophies on teaching and education. It should not be a demo lesson. Please note that this will be sent to the school as part of the final stages of the recruitment process if you are selected for an interview.
*Please note that only teachers who send the above information will be considered for an interview. Furthermore, lodgment of an application with us will be taken as an acknowledgement on your behalf that you have read this advertisement thoroughly and that you understand and accept the terms, conditions and details contained in it.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only teachers selected to progress to the interview stage will hear from our team. Should you be selected for an interview we will be in touch with you soon. We look forward to hearing from you!