|Hummingbird International School|
|At least ฿50,000 / month (full time)|
Lead Teacher for Kindergarten and Playgroup
• To be an inspirational Lead Teacher, who can contribute effectively to the development of the school room setting, and teaching environment.
• To understand the play-based approach to children's learning and development.
• To plan and develop high quality lessons plans, using a variety of approaches, to continually enhance teaching and learning.
• To endeavour to develop and contribute to the continual learning and education for children in your care
• To support and build upon the teaching standards
• To work with support staff (including prior discussion and joint planning) in order to benefit from their specialist knowledge and to maximise their effectiveness within lessons.
• To be a positive role model in the management of behaviour and performance.
• To sustain an environment of mutual respect which allows children to feel safe. and secure and promotes their self-esteem.
• Work closely with families to encourage mutual cooperation and feedback.
• Passion for working with children in the early years sector.
• With a strong communication skill written and verbal.
• With a good timekeeping and organisational skills.
• With an enthusiastic, flexible, can do attitude.
• Cover for absent colleagues as is reasonable, fair and equitable.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting, and Accountability
• Be immediately responsible for the processes of documentation, assessment, recording and reporting for the children in your care
• Assess children’s work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
• Be familiar with statutory assessment and reporting procedures and prepare and present informative, helpful and accurate reports to parents.
• Keep an accurate register of children in your care.
• Unexplained absences or patterns of absence should be reported immediately in accordance with the School policy.
• Assist with the development of strategies to ensure every pupil makes good progress in accordance with the Kindergarten targets and expectations.
• Be involved in extra-curricular activities such as making a contribution to playgroup, workshops, extra- curricular events, and school visits.
Subject Knowledge and Understanding
• Teach an inspiring and child-led Early Years Curriculum, understanding the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) guidance.
• Establishing a sound knowledge and understanding of the methodological comprehension of Executive Function and Positive Discipline practices.
• Knowledge and understanding of Literacy, Numeracy, Mathematics, Art and Science in the Early Years.
• Have a thorough and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the Curriculum programmes of study, level descriptors and specifications for Hummingbird Curriculum
• Keep up to date with research and developments in pedagogy and the subject area.
Professional Standards and Development
• Be committed to and endorse Hummingbird’s ethos, values and principals.
• Be able to connect with Stakeholder (co-founders)
• Be familiar with the School and Department handbooks and support all the School’s policies, e.g. those on Health and Safety, Child protection, Fire Safety
• Establish effective working relationships with professional colleagues and associate staff.
(In conjunction with the line manager)
• Be responsibility for personal professional development, keeping up to date with research and developments in teaching pedagogy and changes in the School Curriculum, which may lead to improvements in teaching and learning.
• Be a creative teacher willing to take on new challenges and make the most of all resources at our disposal including a real flair for the use of ICT in enhancing teaching and learning.
• Maintain a professional portfolio of evidence to support the Performance Management process - evaluating and improving own practice.
• Contribute to the professional development of colleagues.
-Be a native/fluent English Speaker
-Bachelors degree in Teaching
Experience in Development
A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in teaching
Knowledge/Experience in Specialized Technical Field
Good attention to detail
Good interpersonal skills
Adaptability and flexibility