|Udon Thani International School|
|At least ฿90,000 / month (full time)|
Early Years Teacher for August 2022
PostedUdon Thani International School (UDIS) is a co-educational, day school for students from the expatriate community of Udon Thani and Thai students seeking an international education. UDIS offers a broad and comprehensive curriculum, based on the National Curriculum of England (NCE) and the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), to students from 2 to 14 years of age. UDIS is an IB World School authorised to offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and a candidate of the Middle Years Programme (MYP) of the International Baccalaureate and is a fully accredited school with the Council of International Schools (CIS).
As such, we require an experienced Early Years teacher or Lower Primary teacher to join our team and become part of our balanced learning environment using the National Curriculum of England and the PYP.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have home country educational and teacher qualifications
- Have home country teaching experience
- Have proven experience working in the Early Years or Lower Primary
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Adaptable, flexible, community minded and student centred.
It would be advantageous for the candidate to have the following:
- Experience of the International Baccalaureate
- ICT experience and applications for student learning
- Knowledge of project based and inquiry learning methodologies
- Experience in international school environments
- First aid qualifications
Experience in teaching the International Baccalaureate is an advantage, however what is more important is the willingness to recognise the diversity that exists in the student body and not to teach from a mono-cultural perspective. We are primarily looking for teachers who will be able to inspire in their students a love for learning.
Teachers are expected to be efficient, professional, good team members and ambassadors for the School. All staff are issued with a job description and will be appraised accordingly.
UDIS is a friendly school where teachers are extremely valued and looked after. We will do our best to support you and help you flourish at our school because we believe happy teachers can deliver the best education to our students while the wellbeing of our teachers is a core strategy for the school.
As such, we offer a professional working environment and an attractive remuneration and benefits package which include:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- 10-15,000 baht per month accommodation allowance (included in salary advertised)
- Annual professional development allowance
- Health insurance for yourself and any school age dependents (3 maximum)
- Visas and work permits to work in Thailand for yourself
- Placement of any accompanying children (3 maximum)
- 2 year contract
- One return ticket to home country per contract, if based outside Thailand, with applicable Covid fees paid at start and end of employment
To apply, please contact the UDIS Head of School, Lindsay Stuart, at email@example.com with a cover letter and your resume. The position has a start date of late July, 2022 although earlier start dates may be accommodated.
All potential applicants must be legal to work in Thailand or be able to provide all necessary documentation that may be needed to work legally. Any costs incurred in providing any necessary documentation, or meeting any requirements, is the responsibility of the applicant.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.