|Windfield International School|
|At least ฿50,000 / month (full time)|
Qualified Whole School ICT Teacher
PostedWindfield International School [WIS] is a newly established and ambitious school, which is housed in a purpose-built campus at a prime location in Lamai.
It will be made up of a British Section which will broadly follow the Cambridge Curriculum and an already well-established French Curriculum school.
We will open our doors in September 2021, and predict rapid growth Our aim is to be the school of choice in Samui.
We are ambitious to build our reputation and we are looking to employ teachers with the experience, skills and commitment to inspire our students to achieve and be the best they can be. Candidates should be enthusiastic, adaptable and committed. The school is new and applicants should be keen to contribute to the development and realisation of the ambitions for the school, while making the most of all opportunities for professional and personal growth.
We require a talented and committed ICT teacher capable of teaching upto IGCSE ICT and who is equally comfortable with younger learners. We welcome applications from both newly qualified and experienced teachers. Teachers with experience of our programmes are particularly encouraged to apply. Teachers appointed must be willing to play a full part in the life of the school, including extra-curricular activities.
Koh Samui offers excellent opportunities for internal tourism, outdoor pursuits and including a variety of water sports. It is also a good hub to explore the wider international region and has an airport that has international flights as well as connections to major Thai locations.. The island is family friendly, vibrant and safe.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as offers may be made to outstanding teachers as applications arrive.
Interested candidates should email a full CV (including photograph), a covering letter, copies of their qualifications and copies of their passport information page to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state clearly in the email title which position you are applying for.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
• Salaries will be based on the Windfield salary scale and range from 42, 000 THB and 55, 000 THB based on qualifications and experience.
• The cost of the visa and work permit will be covered by the school.
• Discounts for staff children
• Normal school holiday periods during summer, Christmas and Easter, plus national holidays
• An attractive working environment with air conditioned classrooms and a minimum of a projector and screen.
• Health insurance for the teacher only
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in the related subject with relevant Teaching Certification/PGCE, or a B.Ed. with the required subject specification strongly preferred
• Teachers from the UK, Ireland, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa preferred
• A positive work ethic and a high level of self-motivation; the willingness to act as a role model and mentor to students and colleagues
• Experience of working with EAL/ESL learners in a mixed ability environment preferred, but not essential
• A grasp of the teaching and learning practices suited to the UK National Curriculum and/or Cambridge IGCSE and Checkpoints
• The ability to relate in a positive way and achieve results working with other professionals who may have been raised in a different culture
• The positivity, patience, open-mindedness and resilience necessary to thrive in a start-up school situation
• A commitment to be an excellent ambassador for our school within the wider community
Please note that we will check the validity of degrees.
Windfield International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. We seek to employ staff that understand and share this commitment. All candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and obtaining a Police Clearance from the countries that they have worked or resided in for at least the last five years, as well as their home country.
Induction begins on the 15th August and teachers are expected to be in Samui and in school by that date.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.