|Mechai Pattana School|
|At least ฿15,000 / month (full time)|
PostedOver the last thirteen years, the school has also become a community-based learning hub. Our mission includes fostering a new generation of youth to reach their full potential, empowering them to share and build a life model based on equality and empathy.
At the Mechai Pattana School, also known as the Bamboo School, you will be a valued member of the staff and student body as an integral part of communities and villages surrounding the school. We are committed to sharing our resources and skills to improve the quality of life and income for members of the sixteen villages surrounding the Bamboo School. We offer our students high quality education while developing their life and occupational skills. Currently, the school has 180 students from 31 provinces including under-privileged minorities and stateless students. School fees are paid by planting 400 trees per year and 400 hours of community service. Parents are required to contribute equally.
Your main tasks:
• To teach written and spoken English based on the concept of English as a Second Language (ESL).
• To develop lesson plans.
• To assess progress and achievement of each student.
• Be an excellent communicator with students and staff, embodying the school’s values in working with villages surrounding the school.
• Be able to form strong connections with students.
• Proactive, positive thinking and flexible.
• Dedicated and highly motivated.
• Be a strong team player, good-natured and willing to learn.
• An ideal candidate will engage fully in the extra-curricular dimension in developing the potential of students.
• Be willing to work beyond parameters of job descriptions.
• Be an inspirational and collaborative teacher who is keen to further enhance the teaching and learning in the school.
• At least Bachelor of Education or related fields with an English major preferred.
• At least 3 years of English teaching experience.
• Attain one of widely accepted standard English tests eg., CEFR>B1, TOEFL>550, IELTS>6.5, CU-TEP>75, TOEIC>650
• Have a full knowledge of Thai National Curriculum and international best practices.
• Basic communicative Thai language skill.
• Possessing Thai Teaching License.
Package of benefits include:
• Meals in school cafeteria
• Further study opportunity