|Cranberry International School|
|At least ฿37,000 / month (full time)|
International School Homeroom Teachers
PostedCranberry International School
Nursery-Kindergarten & Primary Homeroom Teachers
Required for Academic Year: 2021-2022
Start Date: August 2021
Cranberry International school is a small international school in Lampang that aims to be a leading international school in the North of Thailand that provides quality education to young children from preschool to primary levels using IPC and US Common Core based curriculums.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and conduct lesson plans that help each student achieve learning objectives and curriculum goals based around the IPC curriculum and US Common Core Standards.
- Prepare lesson materials and resources.
- Select and use instructional methods and materials appropriate to the students and learning activities.
- Utilize games, music, books, art, technology and other resources to teach basic skills and foster the students’ physical, social, emotional, and cognitive developments.
- Adapt standard teaching methods to meet different student needs and interests.
- Create a positive and appropriate classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Develop and implement a suitable classroom management system.
- Establish and effect rules for acceptable behavior.
- Apply and follow up on approved disciplinary interventions.
- Make referrals for assistance where necessary.
- Instruct children on personal hygiene practices and self care.
- Encourage cooperative social behavior through games and activities.
- Observe, evaluate and record children's social and academic progress.
- Provide constructive feedback to parents, guardians and administration.
- Prepare and distribute written reports.
- Assist the Head Of Kindergarten Primary and Admin in planning and ordering classroom equipment and supplies.
- Ensure equipment and facilities are clean and safe.
- Collaborate with other staff members to promote the general health of the school.
- Perform required administrative duties including attending staff meetings.
- Uphold the school code of conduct and all school policies, rules and procedures in a supportive and positive manner.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Native English speakers.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in any field. Preferably a degree in education or relevant licence / certificate.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Understanding and proficiency in relevant technology.
- Knowledge of current educational and instructional methodologies and techniques.
- First Aid and CPR certifications an advantage.
- Creative and enthusiastic about education for young learners.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizing
- Problem-solving skills
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Patience and stress tolerance
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Team member
- Starting salary 37,000 THB / month.
- 12 weeks paid holiday per year (3 weeks during Christmas & New Year, 5 weeks during the summer, 1 week in February and 3 weeks in April during Songkran).
- Support and guidance from fellow teachers and staff.
- Opportunity to create and develop lessons based on IPC or Core guidelines with a variety of resources.
- All classes are taught in English only except Thai and Chinese.
- Small class sizes which are fully air-conditioned.
- Classroom computer, printer, WIFI and access to other equipment for educational use.
- Non-B Visa and Work Permit fees are reimbursed by the school (costs for travel and board for leaving the country to apply for the Non-B, and costs for obtaining a medical certificate are the teacher’s responsibility).
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person to live in Northern Thailand, working with a supportive team and teaching bright, enthusiastic learners. Please only apply if you meet our requirements and have the relevant credentials. We invite you to visit our Facebook page and see our updated photos and videos for more information about our amazing school:
To apply and be considered you MUST include a recent photo, why you are interested in joining our team along with your CV, cover letter and contact details and submit to:
*** Kindergarten / nursery applicants ***
Mrs. Farheen Ahmed
Head of Kindergarten Department
*** Primary applicants ***
Mr. Rak Dutt
Head of Primary Department