|British College by Sripatum University|
|At least ฿50,000 / month (full time)|
Lecturer(s) for Business Management Courses
PostedLecturer(s) for Business Management courses. (Full time & Part-time) undergraduate programmes.
This job vacancy is an urgent requirement.
Functional area: Teaching and learning
Industry: Education and Training
Location: Sripatum university, Bangkok
Part time and Full time positions available
Responsible to: Academic Director
The Position :
The positions are open for experienced academics having business and or hospitality and teaching experience. An opportunity to work within a multi-cultural team in an international environment. Teaching business and management and or hospitality management related subjects on a range of business and hospitality programmes. Teaching students at all levels from Level 3 to 6 (UK equivalent). All courses are from awarding bodies of UK.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Teaching and attendance as required by contract
2. Setting, assessing and recording of students work according to the procedures outlined by the appropriate awarding body
3. Assisting the Academic Director on all matters relating to quality, curriculum and resources
4. Maintaining registration systems and all records required by College monitoring procedures including timetabling where appropriate
5. Providing returns and records for College and external use, preparing reports and references for students as necessary
6. Implement and promote curriculum development, participating in course reviews and evaluations and other curriculum procedures as required, coordinating the team where appropriate
7. Fulfill the role of personal tutor as required
8. Liaise with internal and external bodies including awarding bodies examination boards etc as appropriate
9. Participating in marketing, recruitment, research and consultancy activities as appropriate
10. Undertake professional development as necessary to keep up to date with initiatives and practice
11. Accompany students on external visits as required and visit students for assessment in the workplace when appropriate
12. Course moderation and tutor responsibilities
13. Play a leading role in the development and implementation of cross college initiatives
14. Deliver staff development activity including peer observations
15. Positively contribute to a safe learning and work environment ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Safeguarding
16. Any other duties commensurate with the post
You should note that this job description is intended as a general guide to the duties attached to the post and is not an inflexible specification. It may therefore be altered from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the College, always in consultation with the post holder.
The company besides salary shall provide various employee benefits which would be discussed and finalised prior to your appointment.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• We believe in equal opportunities and hence welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Lecturer(s) for Business & Hospitality Management courses. (Full time & Part-time) undergraduate programmes.
** (E)-Essential/(D)-Desirable **
- An honours degree in a business and management and or a hospitality management related discipline. (E)
- You should possess a PGCE or other teaching qualification. (D)
- An MBA or Masters level in a business and management and or a hospitality management related discipline or be willing to work towards to one. (D)
Knowledge and Experience :
- Experience of teaching in a further education or higher education environment. (D)
- A strong awareness of current developments within business and or Hospitality education. (E)
- Relevant industrial and/or professional experience. (D)
Skills and Abilities :
- Proven organisational ability. (E)
- Work effectively as part of a team. (E)
- Computer Knowledge: Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills required. Sound knowledge of Internet and good awareness of e-marketing required. (D)
- Language: Fluent in English or proven IELTS 8/9.(E)
- Thai language (speaking, reading & writing). Additional languages are an added benefit to the application. (D)
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. (E)
- Be committed to the College’s Equality and Diversity agenda. (E)
- Willing to work flexibly. (E)
If you think that you would like to share your knowledge and experience through teaching plus your profile matches the above mentioned criterion, please send the required information following the Personal Specification attached to Send Resume or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org