|At least ฿28,780 / month (full time)|
PostedThe Department of Western Languages (English Section), the Faculty of Archaeology, Silpakorn University is currently looking for a qualified English instructor for its Bachelor’s program in English. We are a small English Department which recruits around 50 students per year. Our class size is reasonable and the students keen to learn.
• Teach English communication skills related courses to both English majors and minors
• Teach 9-12 periods per week (1 period equals 50 mins); plus 6 office hours for administration and consultation
• Be an English native speaker from these following countries: UK, USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand (Please don’t apply if you aren’t from these countries)
• Have a bachelor’s degree in any related field
• Have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate from a recognized institution OR ESL/EFL teaching experience. Experience should be in a recognized institution supported by references.
• Not over the age of 55
• Be able to start work in July of 2021
• A one year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and departmental requirements
• A one year bonus (one month salary) after successful completion of the second year contract
• Salary 20,780 THB/month; plus housing allowance 8,000 THB/month
• Vacation/Sick leave
• Work permit fees
Note: Academic calendar:
First semester July 5, 2021 - November 7, 2021
Second semester November 29, 2021 - April 3, 2022
Please submit the following documents for application :
• A copy of degree certificate (must be certified by your local or overseas Embassy or Consulate and by the Legalization Division, Ministry of foreign Affairs of Thailand)
• A copy of transcript
• A copy of passport
• A portrait photo taken less than six months (without a hat or sunglasses)
• References will be required if selected for an interview
• Please note a current Thai teaching license is not required for this position.
The application deadline is April 30, 2021.
Call for a mock teaching demonstration and interview will be announced soon after.
Our main campus is Wang Tha Phra (Bangkok, across from the Grand Palace), but online teaching may be necessary depending on the Covid-19 situation.
*** For the selected candidates who hold a current Tourist Visa, if you can apply for a visa status alteration for 90 days (NON-B visa for working as a teacher), your visa must be valid for at least 30 days. At the end of the 90 period, a yearly extension will be granted***