|Bromsgrove International School Thailand|
|At least ฿32,560 / month (full time)|
Music Academy Teacher (Drum Kit & Percussion)
PostedJob Description - Music Academy Teacher (Drum Kit & Percussion)
Reporting to: Head of Music
Salary: THB 32,560 per month (including 3% withholding tax deduction)
The primary requirement will be to teach drum kit and percussion to pupils of all abilities from ages 4 to 18 and be able to motivate young people in their music-making. You will be expected to provide lessons on a one-to-one basis, in addition to supporting and promoting the performances of pupils within the school.
Times of Duty:
Two working days per week (Monday to Friday) when the school is in session and the Music Academy is operational, as per the school academic calendar (21 weeks).
- 11 January 2021 to 02 July 2021 (6 months). The contract will be subject to renewal as per mutual agreement.
- Up to 6 hours of teaching per day, between the hours of 08:30 - 17:30.
- Music Academy Teachers are required on campus ready for work 15 minutes before the first scheduled lesson.
- Music Academy Teachers are required to remain on campus for 15 minutes after the end of the timetabled school day for students, and after you have no further meetings, duties or commitments on campus.
- Additional working days may be required, paid at a daily rate of 4,400 THB.
- Teaching individual drum kit and percussion lessons to students aged 4-18 at both the Early Years Campus and Windsor Park Campus.
- Supporting academic music staff with co-curricular music provision.
- Planning and preparing lessons in relation to individual pupils' needs and examination syllabuses.
- Teaching music theory, aural skills and practical techniques to pupils.
- Preparing pupils for music examinations and performances.
- Motivating pupils and encouraging progress.
- Liaising with academic staff and parents.
- Assessing pupils’ abilities and providing feedback and practice targets.
- Ensuring that the relevant school equipment is maintained in good working condition for pupils' use.
The successful candidate should:
- Have good command of both written and spoken English.
- Have previous experience as an instrumental teacher and/or professional musician.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in music plus a postgraduate qualification in education.
- Have a a high level of expertise in at least one instrument (i.e. ABRSM Grade 8 or equivalent qualification).
- Have up-to-date knowledge of examination requirements (ABRSM, Trinity).
- Have a proven track record of excellent pedagogical practice.
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents.
- Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staff room.
- Be willing to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the Boarding School.