|Rugby School Thailand|
|At least ฿25,000 / month (full time)|
Key Stage One Year 1 Class Teacher
PostedRugby School Thailand
Rugby School Thailand (RST), a co-educational day and boarding international school set in 80 acres of glorious Thai countryside south of Bangkok, very successfully opened its doors in September 2017 for 110 pupils aged 2 – 10 years. By September 2019, the School had grown to 671 pupils up to Year 13, including boarders.
The structure, school day and ethos of RST is based upon the British independent School model, rather than the standard international school model. As such, the school has three sections: Pre-Prep (2-6 year olds), Prep (7 – 12 year olds) and Senior (13 – 18 year olds).
Rugby School Thailand is the first overseas sister school of Rugby School UK, one of the most prestigious and well-known schools in the UK. Rugby School Thailand shares Rugby School UK’s DNA in every important respect. It is unique.
The Pre-Prep comprises 5 year groups: Pre-Nursery, Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. There are currently 214 pupils in the Pre-Prep. The maximum size of class is 16 for Early Years and 18 for KS1. The capacity of the Pre-Prep is c. 300. The normal school day runs from 8 am to 3.30 pm, with After School Activities and After School Care offered thereafter.
Rugby School Thailand Pre-Prep has its own classroom building with a capacity of 300 pupils. It houses 20 spacious classrooms each with its own additional collaboration area, as well as dedicated spaces for Art, Music, Library, ICT, and Learning Support. A large multi-purpose Hall can be configured for music/drama performances, assemblies, and indoor activities. An internal courtyard has been designed as an area for reflection, quiet games, reading and small group work.
Immediately outside the Pre-Prep there is a shaded activity area, which is also accessible via a slide from the upper floor! This incorporates age-appropriate climbing frames, a dedicated Nursery play area, multi-use games area, and a track for ‘balance bikes’.
Adjacent to this area the Pre-Prep has its own learner heated swimming pool with beach entry and water splash zone; and just beyond lie our extensive grass playing fields.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional KS1 class teacher to teach in Year 1 to work in a team with two other Year 1 classes. Within KS1 we also have four Year 2 classes. KS1 teachers report to the Deputy Head and Head of Pre-Prep.
Rugby School Thailand class teachers will carry out their duties responsibly and with regard for the best interests of their pupils and the school. In particular, Year 1 teachers will:
● Conduct themselves in an appropriate professional manner at all times and support and foster the aims of the school.
● Know the assessment requirements and arrangements for KS1
● Understand how to develop Literacy and Numeracy in cross-curricular ways
● Ensure colleagues (e.g. Teaching Assistants) working within the classroom are appropriately involved in supporting learning and understand the roles they are expected to fulfill.
● Value the home-school partnership, working closely with other members of staff to establish and manage good relationships with parents as partners in their children’s learning.
● Understand how pupils develop and that the progress and well-being of learners are affected by a range of developmental, social, religious, ethnic, cultural and linguistic influences.
● Strive to ensure that the children in the class are happy, and that good relationships are maintained.
● Make adequate provision within the organisation of the teaching for the range of ability within the class.
● Be the primary source of information about each individual in the form. The class teacher is the main link between the school and parents, and should have to hand an up-to-date record of each child’s progress in all areas.
● Be familiar with the contents of the Staff Handbook, including the school’s aims and policies, and endeavour to follow closely the guidance provided in these documents.
● Organise/assist with any performances and assemblies to be presented by the class.
● Be familiar with the school’s health and safety guidance and be mindful of the health and safety of all members of the school community.
● Foster the personal and social developments of each pupil in their care.
● Be aware of and act upon all policies regarding the safeguarding of children
● Promote pride in the School among the pupil body through high standards of dress, behaviour, manners, respect for others and property and general attitude
● Cover for absent colleagues as requested.
● Attend School assemblies.
● Attend staff meetings, parents’ evenings, Speech Day and similar important functions out of School hours; be willing to accompany School trips.
● Notify the designated member of staff as early as possible if to be absent from School and, if absence is for personal reasons (for which permission must be obtained), set appropriate work.
● Ensure the classroom is kept in a reasonable state of tidiness, and to make it an attractive working-place with displays of children’s work and stimulus material that are all changed according to the school’s display policy.
● Attend relevant in-service training each year, after obtaining the consent of the Pre-Prep Head.
● Carry out supervisory duties as arranged by the Head of Pre-Prep.
● Support the pastoral care policy of the school as Form Teacher
● Assist at Pre-Prep lunchtime
● Contribute to the Pre-Prep after-school Activities and care programme according to experience and qualifications.
● Enthusiastic with a sound understanding of UK best practice
● Flexible and adaptable
● Proactive in all aspects of School life through participation and support
● Creative and innovative across and beyond the curriculum
● Able to work successfully under pressure with excellent organisational skills
● Reliable and respectful at all times
● Able to present a professional image in line with the high expectations of Rugby School Thailand
● An effective communicator both orally and in writing
● A confident and competent user of IT in the classroom and for administrative purposes
Essential University degree from a recognised academic institution
Teaching Qualification from a recognised academic institution
Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge of the UK education system
• At least 1 year’s teaching at Primary age
• Understanding of the Primary framework
• Knowledge of international education
• Knowledge of the UK Pre-Prep / Prep School system
• Experience working with children who have English as a second language
The successful candidate will be appointed on an initial 2 year (1 year and 2 terms) contract and will need to compete a successful probationary period.
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and the size of the School.
A highly competitive expatriate package includes:
• annual bonus
• fully furnished accommodation, on or off-site, suitable for singles or families throughout the contract (if recruited from overseas).
• flights at beginning and end of contract (including family)
• annual flight allowance
• private health insurance (10% co-pay)
• 100% fees remission for 3 children
• relocation allowance
• free basic wi-fi
Closing Date (please note that longlisting begins before the deadline for applications):
Monday 30th November 2020
…though earlier applications are encouraged.
Given the large number of applications we receive for each post, only longlisted applicants will be contacted.
Longlisted candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Interviews will be held either at the Rugby School Thailand campus, or at Rugby School UK or via video link.
Please send a covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4), a recent photograph and a completed application form to the Head of Pre-Prep Mrs Sarah Shuttleworth email@example.com
An application form can be found attached.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications, Identification, Health and Background Checks
Please note that you will be required to bring documentation to interview providing proof of your identity and qualifications. You will also be required, within the final appointment process, to undergo a health check and relevant background checks (e.g. International Child Protection Certificate and a local police certificate) as part of the school’s recruitment and safeguarding procedures.
* * *