|Kensington Learning Space (KLS) : K Aqua Space|
|At least ฿60,000 / month (full time)|
PostedKensington Learning Space (KLS) : K Aqua Space
KLS is a brand new forward thinking learning space situated in the west of Bangkok City. Only a short distance (10 minutes) from the BTS (Sky train) with easy access to the world-famous, historic and vibrant city of Bangkok! The area and local community is steeped in Thai tradition, set in lush greenery with a tranquil and peaceful atmosphere.
The purpose built space with a futuristic design aims to offer innovative, creative learning in a fun way. The Space is part of the Kensington community which includes an award winning kindergarten school next door. Whilst Kensington International Kindergarten (https://kensington.ac.th) continues to attract government and educational attention from throughout SE Asia, KLS aims to not only complement our Kensington community but also accomplish something very different and very unique.
Kensington Learning Space will be providing enrichment sessions focused on a variety of areas for students from 6 months to 11 years. Our aim is to research and use the best curriculums from around the world. These will be taught in a creative and fun way, ensuring that every child who walks through our doors receives progressive education to prepare them for the future.
At KLS, we offer our K | Aquatics Space, where you will be teaching swimming lessons from babies up to 9 years old. Our purpose built pool space design is unique with first class facilities. The pool is semi indoors and specially designed for swimming teaching and is heated to 33 degrees. All Pools have our SMART system and salt chlorination with sanitization, UV provides hygienic, low odor/low irritant water.
Bangkok is an exciting, iconic city at the very heart of SE Asia and abounds with rich cultural experiences. Thailand offers excellent leisure and travel opportunities, with countries such as Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia and Myanmar, all just an hour away. The cost of living here is breathtakingly low and this wonderful ‘land of smiles’ has year-round warmth and sunshine. A beautiful, safe place to live and work, and a place that will stay in your heart forever!
Position: Aquatics Manager
We seek an experienced and inspirational Aquatic Manger teacher who is an energetic, dynamic, outgoing, and fun . Someone who is passionate about swimming and has a passion for working with children of varying ages. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure our patrons safely enjoy their visit every time. A person who is motivated and loves to motivate others and always seeks for continuous improvement.
- Fluent English Speaker
- Current AUSTSWIM Certificate – Teaching of Swimming and Water Safety
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics (Essential)
- Managerial experience in swim schools
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
- Lifeguard Training is a plus
Skills & Attributes:
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Desire to grow and seek personal development
- Must have a passion for the water and working with children.
- Constantly stay abreast of industry trends and new stroke techniques.
- Knowledge of general safety rules and precautions related to a swimming pool environment.
- Must have professional demeanor and appearance.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have ability to perform the duties of a rigorous work schedule which includes lifting, loading, and unloading, and ability maneuver up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in and around swimming pools with exposure to salt chlorinated and chemically treated water.
- Knowledge of methods of rescue, life saving techniques, artificial respiration, and first aid a plus.
The aquatic manager at K | Aqua will be responsible for everything that is Aquatic. This includes overall management of the aquatic staff, the facility, safety and customer service as it relates to the aquatic environment. There will be a teaching commitment for 15- 20 shifts per week. This role will report to the KLS head teacher. We are offering an opportunity to be part of a very professional team of forward thinking progressive educators.
The right person must have a ‘can do’ attitude and be up to the challenge of ‘growing’ a school that has the unprecedented demands .You will be a proven team leader, ideally within the swim school industry, have excellent communication abilities, strong planning, and organisation skills and most of all, you are capable of living the KLS values.
*Must be available for weekends*
Classes will run on a Saturday and Sunday with the school closed on a Monday. Our class will occur on a 3/4 term cycle. Our KLS working calendar can be discussed in more detail during the interview process. Working days are 5 days per week (3 weekdays plus Saturday and Sunday). Total hours of working is 40 hours per week.
The successful candidate will receive competitive salary and benefits based on their experience and qualifications. This will include:
- 2 Year Contract with mutual extension opportunity
- Competitive salary (THB 60,000 - THB 70,000) dependent on experience and qualification
- Modern comfortable accommodation nearby to the school area or Housing allowance provided
- Free Lunch provided during working days
- Annual flight allowance
- Medical insurance
- Mid contract and end of contract bonus
- You will be entitled to Paid School Holidays of 23 days (aligned to Kensington Learning Space’s Calendar*)
- Plus: You will be entitled to annual leave of 7 days*.
- Ongoing professional development.
If you are suitably qualified and experienced and would like to be part of a professional and dedicated team that is committed to developing children to be part of a progressive future, please apply by clicking on the “Application Link” below, or send application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by Skype or Zoom (specific dates will be advised). If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have not been shortlisted.
Kensington Learning Space is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks.
Note: * Employment terms and conditions to be agreed before accepting work abroad.