|Udon Thani International School|
|At least ฿85,000 / month (full time)|
Middle Years Teacher
PostedUdon Thani International School (UDIS) is a co-educational, day school for students from the expatriate community of Udon Thani and Thai students seeking an international education. UDIS offers a broad and comprehensive curriculum, based on the National Curriculum of England (NCE) and the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), to students from 2 to 12 years of age. The school is an IB World School authorised for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and a candidate school for the Middle Years Programme (MYP) of the International Baccalaureate. The school is also a member of the Council of International Schools (CIS).
As such, we require an experienced Middle Years teacher to join our team and become part of our balanced learning environment teaching using the NCE and MYP as we work towards CIS and MYP accreditation. This is an exciting role encompassing teaching in Year 7 and 8 while helping us to roll out, a new MYP programme at the school for 2020/2021.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have home country educational and teacher qualifications
- Have home country teaching experience
- Have proven experience working in the Middle Years
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Adaptable, flexible, community minded and student centred.
- We are interested in candidates who might can teach a variety of subjects within the school
- Candidates must currently be in Thailand to apply
It would be advantageous for the candidate to have the following:
- MYP training and at least one year in a MYP school
- ICT experience and applications for student learning
- Knowledge of project based and inquiry learning methodologies
- Experience in international school environments
- First aid qualifications
Experience in teaching the International Baccalaureate is an advantage, however what is more important is the willingness to recognise the diversity that exists in the student body and not to teach from a mono-cultural perspective. We are primarily looking for teachers who will be able to inspire in their students a love for learning.
Teachers are expected to be efficient, professional, good team members and ambassadors for the School. All staff are issued with a job description and will be appraised accordingly.
UDIS is a friendly school where teachers are extremely valued and looked after. We will do our best to support you and help you flourish at our school because we believe happy teachers can deliver the best education to our students while the wellbeing of our teachers is a core strategy for the school.
As such, we offer a professional working environment and an attractive remuneration and benefits package which include:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications with the salary posted including the housing allowance
- 10-15,000 baht per month accommodation allowance
- Master teacher allowance possible for exceptionally qualified candidates
- Annual professional development allowance
- Health insurance
- Visas and work permits to work in Thailand
- Placement of any accompanying children
- 2 year contract
- One return ticket to home country per contract if based outside Thailand
To apply, please contact the UDIS Head of School, Lindsay Stuart, at email@example.com with a cover letter and your resume.
All potential applicants must be legal to work in Thailand or be able to provide all necessary documentation that may be needed to work legally. Any costs incurred in providing any necessary documentation, or meeting any requirements, is the responsibility of the applicant.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.