|Montessori Academy Bangkok International School|
|At least ฿70,000 / month (full time)|
Humanities (English / Social Science) Teacher
PostedWe are seeking candidates to join the founding team of the first Montessori Secondary Program in Bangkok. Candidates will specialize in a certain field of academia (humanities, math, science, technology) and have a background in Montessori, Project Based Learning or IB. Training in the Montessori philosophy will be offered to candidates to complement their skill base.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about innovative education methods and is keen to embrace new cultures. The candidate will be open to working in a collaborative teaching environment where a large part of the learning experience is project based and inter-disciplinary. Candidate will be comfortable in empowering students to make work choices and will encourage students to be self-directed and take responsibilities.
Established in 2010, Montessori Academy Bangkok International School (MABIS) is the leading trilingual Montessori school in Bangkok offering Toddler through Secondary programs. We are committed to a high-quality Montessori program. MABIS has a beautiful campus, purpose-built classrooms and facilities. Learning is localized and customized through extensive field explorations. We are also the only WASC accredited Montessori school outside of the United States.
The Montessori Secondary program for students ages 12-18 (US Grades 7-12) is a dynamic learning environment where adolescents perform meaningful work that simulates experiences in the adult world. Students pursue projects that serve their interests and the community, allowing them to deepen their sense of self as they identify strengths, passions and unique capacities. Students will also have the option to pursue the IB Diploma during their final two years of the program.
Competitive package, visa support, professional training.
• Qualified specialist in the Humanities subjects English, History, Psychology, Social Sciences
• Dedicated and highly motivated teacher capable of inspiring students
• Able to work independently, excellent organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and positive approach towards collaborative teaching
• Creative and innovative across and beyond the curriculum
• Reliable and respectful
• Internationally minded
• Have the ability to work within and apply all school policies, i.e. behavior management, child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities, etc.
• Native English speakers
Formal Qualifications / Experience:
• Bachelors degree minimum, Masters / PhD preferred
• Certified teaching qualification
• Distinguished record of teaching
• Montessori training, Project Based Learning or IB experience
• Full working knowledge of the US or UK national curriculum related to Humanities subjects
• 3+ years teaching experience
• Competitive salary
• Relocation allowance
• Medical insurance
• Visa processing
• Formal proof of identity with photo ID
• Verification of qualifications
• 2 Letters of References
• Police clearance
• Summer / August 2020
How to Apply:
• Send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org