|I Can Read System (Thailand) Co., Ltd.|
|At least ฿40,000 / month (full time)|
Full-time Reading / EFL Teachers
PostedI Can Read is a large literacy-based learning organisation currently in our 20th year of operation across multiple countries. We specialise in the teaching of English literacy skills in addition to other important areas of child development, such as cognitive and social skills.
We currently have 25 centres across Thailand with plans for future expansion.
Successful applicants will be required to teach reading, writing, speaking and listening skills using the specially-developed I Can Read System. Most I Can Read students are aged between three and twelve. Applicants must be comfortable with teaching young children.
We have various roles available at the following locations:
• Central Chaengwattana
• Mega Bangna
• Rama 2
• Rayong (Late September 2020)
We are also seeking teachers for full-time relief roles covering centres across Bangkok and surrounding provinces as well as permanent online teaching roles (paid by the hour) from a central base centre (location to be determined).
All roles start in July unless stated otherwise.
Full-time roles are 5 days per week - 3 weekdays plus Saturday and Sunday. Only suitably-qualified native-speaking applicants will be considered for these roles.
Part-time positions are Saturday or Sunday only.
Applicants must complete the I Can Read training programme in Bangkok before they can commence work. I Can Read teachers are required to apply the methods learned during their training in their classes and observations will be conducted to assist teachers with delivering the programmes correctly.
Ideal I Can Read teachers will possess the following attributes:
• A completed bachelor's or higher degree from any recognised tertiary institution. (Teachers with no degree may at times be accepted but a different salary package to the one below will apply.)
• A TEFL/CELTA/TESOL certificate (120 hours minimum).
• Be a native speaker from a country whose primary language is English (Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Ireland and South Africa) or have completed a substantial amount of your education in one of these countries. (We may at times accept applicants from other countries but their salary package will differ from the one below.)
• Clear speech with a universally understandable accent. This is essential for the teaching of phonology.
• Energetic and experienced in teaching or working with children.
*Please note: Applicants may be subject to additional certification and legalisation processes in order to obtain a visa and work permit for employment in Thailand and will be expected to fulfil these as necessary. Applicants from non-native speaking countries and South Africa must additionally have a TOIEC certification (or likewise be prepared to obtain one).
12 and 24-month contracts are available with preference given to applicants who are willing to sign and complete a 24-month contract.
• Minimum post-probation salary of THB 42,000 per month (before tax and Social Security deductions).
• Additional bonuses.
• Work permit and visa provided.
• Flight bonus for 24-month contracts.
• Two consecutive weekdays off per week.
• Ongoing professional development.
• Minimum THB 500 per hour (paid monthly) plus an additional THB 100 per class bonus (paid upon contract completion). (These amounts are also subject to tax.)
• Additional bonuses.
*Please note: Different full-time and part-time rates will apply in provincial centres as well as for teachers who are not from the above countries or do not hold a degree. These rate differences will be outlined to applicants during interviews.
Interested applicants must apply for the position by email with the following attachments:
• Unique cover letter that: a) demonstrates that you have read the position description, b) specifies the type of work you are seeking (full-time or part-time), c) mentions which centre you would prefer to work at (if no preference please state this), and d) outlines why you are interested in working for I Can Read.
• Detailed Resume/CV showing all relevant work and study history with two contactable referees included.
• Scans of any relevant qualifications.
• Scanned copy of a valid passport or recent photograph.
*Please note: As this is an English teaching position, responses not displaying a professional standard of communication and proficiency in English (such as one-line responses/emails written entirely in capital letters/emails containing excessively poor grammar or spelling) or that do not contain the information requested above will not receive a response.
Due to the high volume of applications we regret that only candidates who have been selected for an interview will receive a response. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
I Can Read System (Thailand)