|At least ฿48,000 / month (full time)|
Head of Science Department for 2020/21 Academic Year
PostedThe English Program at Kajonkietsuksa School (Phuket) is seeking an excellent classroom practitioner who is a native speaker, highly motivated, organised and culturally responsive teacher to lead our Science department. Any area of curriculum strength within Science will be considered. This is a one-year contract vacancy, renewable yearly based on performance, starting at the beginning of the 2020/21 academic year (April 2020).
Kajonkiet School Group
- Consists of nine campuses in Phuket Province.
- The biggest employer of foreign teachers in Phuket Province.
- World-class facilities and equipment.
Please visit our website:
Facebook: Kajonkietsuksa School
We are looking for the right kind of leader. The successful applicant will exhibit the
- A positive and enthusiastic demeanour
- Practical organisational and time management skills
- At least 3 years of managerial experience
- A commitment to restorative practices
- Excellent curriculum knowledge
- Experience with teaching, moderating and developing resources.
- An ability and willingness to engage in open to learning conversations.
- An ability to form positive relationships with the whole school community to engender trust and empower others.
- Cultural responsiveness
The closing date for applications is Friday 21st February 2020. Shortlisting will take place shortly after this. Only shortlisted candidates will be provided with a job description.
NES Applicants with a Master’s degree in Science (any area of curriculum strength within Science will be considered) and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education is preferred. Still, all applicants with an accredited Bachelor’s degree in Science and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education will also be considered for the above position. The latter is a minimum requirement for applicants under regulation enforced by the Thai Ministry of Education. Managerial teaching experience among young children is a strong recommendation.
Why choose Kajonkietsuksa School?
The school will:
- Pay the ideal candidate a locally-competitive salary for a one-year contract.
- Handle obtaining a work permit, Thai Teaching License, and related documents.
- Provide a balanced orientation and mentorship with the Academic Coordinator.
Benefits will include:
- A guaranteed salary increase for satisfactory performance after six months.
- End of the first contract bonus.
- Health and accident insurance.
- Four weeks paid holiday upon completion of a year contract
- Annual paid leave for Christmas and New Year’s Day
- A comprehensive Professional Development program and ongoing support as a teacher.
To apply for the position, please send the following documents by email with a cover letter to Ms. Pattama Korkamnertkawin (Head of Human Resources) - email@example.com and Mr. Kenneth Bouwer (Head of Primary) -firstname.lastname@example.org
- A CV with a recent photo.
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Science, PGCE or any related fields.
- University transcript of records (Diploma supplement).
- A Copy of Passport.
- Police clearance (from home country).
- TEFL / TESOL certification (if any).
- TOEIC / IELTS result for Non-NES (if any).
- Appropriate references from a current and previous employer(s) (to be considered for salary increment).
*** Salary will greatly vary depending on the applicant's qualifications and experiences. ***