|TSIS International School - Wongwianyai Campus|
|At least ฿18,000 / month (full time)|
Thai Teacher Assistant for Pre-nursery Class
PostedTSIS Junior School is conveniently located in Wongwianyai district of Bangkok. We require a Thai Teacher’s Assistant (TA) to work with our pre-Nursery class. You would be joining an international teaching team that have developed an exemplary professional and personal culture at our school. Teacher Assistants are an important part of the team and you can expect to be welcomed and respected in an inclusive environment.
The school is now managed by International School Services, who are associated with over 350 schools in 70 countries.
Please see details below:
1) Start date: 6th January 2020
2) Qualifications: Applicants must be qualified with at least a Bachelor Degree, preferably majoring in education.
3) Main Responsibilities:
To work alongside the native English-speaking Homeroom teacher during lessons.
To teach small groups of children Thai language for approximately 20 minutes each day, 3-4 times per week
To help and assist with the preparation of resources and equipment needed for lessons.
To help and assist with the displays in the classroom and around the school.
To work and participate in all class and year group activities.
To support the school’s policies and child protection policy
To assist in the establishment and maintenance of standards of pupil behavior.
To work with the class teacher to provide meaningful assistance during lessons.
To set up and maintain an efficient and well-ordered learning environment.
To undertake duties in accordance with the duty rota (including meal and nap times)
- The ability to communicate confidently in English (spoken and written)
- Teaching experience, preferably in an international school environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An enthusiastic and self-motivated approach to all tasks
5) Salary and Benefits:
- Salary – 18,000 baht/month
- Health insurance
- Approximately 10 weeks paid holiday/year.
6) Class size is maximum of 12 students
7) APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- Applications should be sent directly to - firstname.lastname@example.org
i) The email’s subject should be ‘Pre-Nursery TA and include’.
ii) Your recently updated CV.
iii) A recent photograph
iv) A scan of your Thai ID
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
7) For further information about our school please look at our website (www.tsi.ac.th) or Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TSIS.school/). Applicants may also look at the ISS webpage to get a greater understanding of our organisation’s mission and see the other quality international schools we work with in Thailand and around the world (www.iss.edu).
*** The school accepts applications sent by email ONLY. We do not accept ‘drop-in’ applicants at any time ***
ABOUT TSIS JUNIOR SCHOOL:
TSIS (Thai Sikh International School) has been educating students since 1985. During the past 34 years, the school has developed two exceptional campuses with facilities that compare to some of the finest schools in Thailand and abroad to educate students aged 3 to 18 years.
TSIS Junior School is centrally located in Wongwian Yai district of Bangkok. The school opened in January 2005 after years of carefully planning an environment that is ideal for children aged 3-11 years to grow and learn together.
The Junior Campus is equipped with academic, sporting and other extracurricular facilities that outshine many other international schools in the area. In addition to spacious classrooms, facilities incorporated in the design of the four-story building include an assembly hall, air-conditioned gymnasium, libraries and dining hall. First-time visitors to the school are impressed by its beautiful, grassed playground and swimming pools. There is also a carpark and drop-off area in the basement to ensure that children arrive and depart each day in complete safety.
The Junior School provides the first three Key Stages of the UK National Curriculum for children in Nursery – Year 6 classes with the addition of Pre-Nursery in January 2020
The majority of TSIS students were historically of Indian descent. However, when handing over management of the school to ISS, the school board emphasised that they would like to see their school’s exceptional facilities shared with others. TSIS is now becoming a truly international school as we welcome students of all nationalities, races and religions.