|Rasami British International School|
|At least ฿35,000 / month (full time)|
Part-time IT & Business Studies Teacher
PostedSalary, benefits and other employment conditions and details will be discussed during interview.
Teaching and Learning:
- Provide clear planning for lessons and for sequences of lessons, which
maintain pace, motivation and challenge
- Make effective use of assessment information on pupils’ attainment and progress and in planning future lessons
- Ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals,
establishing high expectations of behaviour and attainment, so that teaching objectives are met
- Monitor and intervene when teaching to ensure sound learning and discipline and maintain a safe environment in which pupils feel confident
- Use a variety of teaching and learning styles to keep all pupils engaged
- Evaluate your own teaching critically to improve effectiveness.
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING:
To demonstrate sound classroom practice and innovation
• To teach Business Studies across the ability range at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
• To mark and assess work regularly and to take part in the department’s
quality assurance procedures
• To monitor student progress and set targets to ensure expected progress is achieved
• To work as part of a team, attend regular meetings and provide a major input
into departmental development
• To develop the contribution of vocational studies to the School Improvement Plan
• To participate in the school’s weekly enrichment programme
• To take responsibility for a tutor group within the school’s vertical tutoring system
• To follow the school’s behaviour for learning policy
• To contribute to the wider life of the school
• To participate in the school’s programme of continuing professional development
• The willingness to teach another vocational subject would be an advantage,
but is not essential.
Assessment and Reporting:
- Assess and report each pupil’s progress systematically with reference to the school’s policy and practice, including the social progress of each child and use the results to inform future planning
- Mark and monitor class work and homework, in line with the school’s current practices
- To provide constructive feedback and set targets for future progress
- Provide reports on individual progress to middle/senior leaders and parents as required.
The job description may be amended at any appropriate time, following consultation between the Head and teacher, and will be reviewed annually. Priorities for the year will be negotiated and highlighted as appropriate.