|Little Mountain Pai Communuty Homeschool|
|Mae Hong Son|
|At least ฿0 / month (full time)|
Primary Teacher at Community School
PostedAbout Little Mountain Pai Community Homechool:
At Little Mountain Pai Community Homeschool it is our mission to offer an alternative to mainstream education for the families of Pai; providing a safe and engaging environment with a child centred approach to learning. We deliver a bilingual curriculum that includes academic, creative and life skills with the role of the educators to guide and nurture the children to become independent and innovative thinkers, caring for their community and environment, themselves and each other.
Little Mountain Pai Community Homeschool is a unique school. Set up by parents over 4 years ago, the school operates as a not-for profit where payment of school fees cover the running costs of the school. All parents play an active role in supporting the running and success of the schools. A bilingual (Thai and English) curriculum is taught to children from Kindergarten up to Grade 4 at present (ages 3-10 years old).
Little Mountain is a school where routine is at the heart of every day to build a sense of wellbeing, belonging and safety.
Please visit https://littlemountainschool.com/ to read more about the school values and mission.
About the role:
This role is the perfect opportunity for a teacher to bring fun, energy and freedom into the classroom. An engaging teacher with a creative approach will thrive in the opportunity to support small groups, with time in the school day for reading, talking and playing together, where learning is not confined to the classroom and being in nature is encouraged.
As a Primary Level Teacher at Little Mountain you will be responsible for the creation of planning, resourcing and delivery of active, engaging and purposeful English lessons for children in mixed year groups, for small group learning (no more than 8 children in a class). Lessons should be created to ensure coverage of the school curriculum.
You will be expected to differentiate learning as necessary within each group to ensure all children can access learning at their own level.
You will be part of a wonderful and energetic teaching team which you will work with daily. You will be asked to participate in daily and weekly teacher team meetings. Part of your role is to be present at the school gate or in the playground during pick up/ drop off times, playtimes and lunchtimes, interacting with children.
You will be jointly responsible for the safety and safeguarding of children within your care along with the rest of the teacher team.
You will be expected to engage with parents and be available to discuss children’s learning and progress and to demonstrate a professional attitude at all times. You will and be a representative of the school within the Pai community and embody the school values.
You will maintain continual marking, monitoring and assessment of learning throughout the term including completing assessments and reports once per term.
Key Information to Note:
We would consider full or part time hours for this role, this can be discussed at interview with shortlisted candidates.
The start date is from the end of September 2019 and the length of contract can be discussed at interview.
You will be a professional, reliable and experienced teacher. You will have a minimum of 2 years classroom/ in-school teaching experience and be able to deliver interactive, engaging lessons and activities to learning groups of mixed abilities and language competencies.
You will feel confident in using positive behaviour management techniques and have the ability to support children to feel empowered, valued and listened to. You will be a kind and approachable teacher who can build relationships with children through trust and mutual respect.
You will be an open and flexible in your approach and character, you will be a calm, consistent and patient teacher who sees children as individuals and show patience and understanding in supporting children to learn at their own pace.
You will be imaginative and organised in your planning and preparation and considerate of all learners and be able to deliver learning in line with the school curriculum, values and aims.
It is essential for the applicant to be:
• A native English speaker.
• An experienced teacher with a minimum of 2 years classroom experience relevant to the post (online teaching experience is not applicable).
• A degree holder with at least a TEFL level qualification.
• A Team Player – someone who can work alongside the existing teacher team, and is open, flexible and supportive.
• Familiar with and have experience of implementing positive behaviour management techniques.
• Able to provide 2 professional references.
• Professional, reliable and conscientious
• Someone who has personal values in line with the school values and aims.
It would be desirable for the applicant to have:
• Qualified Teacher Status.
• International teaching experience, particularly in Thailand.
• Experience or knowledge of Thai culture and customs.
• Some knowledge of Thai language.
• Experience of planning and assessment.
• Experience of responsibilities over and above that of classroom teacher.
• Experience of teaching ESL learners.
• Familiarity with progressive techniques.
Words chosen by the children to describe their ideal teacher:
Kind Calm Friendly Playful Creative Food-lover Musical Sweet Cool Fun Silly Sporty Helpful Funny Scientific Nature-lover
Salary and benefits:
• Monthly salary to be negotiated, depending on experience and qualifications. Please consider our status as a not-for profit, community homeschool before applying, it is not possible for our salary bands to align with that of other teaching positions, such as international schools elsewhere in Thailand.
• Work permit and visa expenses.
• Support with obtaining work permit and visa.
• Pay during the school holidays (if you have completed a terms employment the previous term and are returning to employment the upcoming term).
• Assistance with finding accommodation and support with accommodation costs.
• A pleasant, open, supportive working environment.
Other things to note:
• Teachers with only online experience need not apply.
• Teachers will have access to current planning, resources and information already created by the current teachers at the school.
• Teachers will report directly to the head teacher and school manager and will be required to work with both teachers and member of the parent board on planning and assessment.
• Pai is a beautiful town tucked away in the Mountains of Northern Thailand. Pai is well known for its amazing scenery and is a very popular town. Pai has a busy and bustling town centre with many restaurants providing for all culinary desires. It also has a buzzing coffee culture. The nearest main city to Pai is Chiang Mai which can be reached by a 3 hour bus ride and a ‘city fix’ can easily be enjoyed over a weekend.
• The school operates two terms per academic year, from Early May – Late September and Mid October to early March.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for the role, please email your C.V. (with photo) and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
Candidates may be selected for interview immediately so we would encourage interested candidates not the delay their application.
Individuals selected for interview may then be invited to teach an observed lesson and have a further interview, both would ideally be held in person at Little Mountain School, however interviews and lessons via skype/video may also be considered.
As this is a highly desirable role in a popular area of Thailand, it is likely that not all candidates will receive a response to their application. Thank you in advance for your consideration and to those taking the time to apply for this role.