|TSIS International School - Wongwianyai Campus|
|At least ฿100,000 / month (full time)|
Qualified Reception Teacher for Immediate Start
PostedThe student population of TSIS Junior School continues to grow and we need to open an additional Reception class (end of April). We are now seeking a well-qualified Early Childhood teacher.
TSIS Junior School is conveniently located in Wongwianyai district of Bangkok. Since August 2017, TSIS has been managed by International School Services, who are associated with over 350 schools in 70 countries. Our progressive school focusses on developing critical and creative thinkers who drive their own learning.
Applicants must be familiar with the UK Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum and have a passion for inquiry-based learning. The successful candidate will hopefully be available to start work on Tuesday 23rd April (or very shortly afterwards).
The objective of the TSIS Early Years Programme is to ensure a readiness for primary school where students will be expected to actively participate in inquiry-based learning.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
1) The contract will start ASAP and conclude in July 2020.
2) MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and effectively teach units aligned to the UK EYFS curriculum
- Supervise children according to a duty roster
- Participate in curricular committees
- Be involved in extracurricular activities within school hours
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor of Education (specialising in Early Childhood) or equivalent post graduate qualification from a reputable university.
- At least 2 years’ experience in early childhood education
5) HIGHLY DESIRABLE:
- Additional qualifications and/or recent professional development
- Familiarity and experience differentiating for ESL students
- Familiarity and experience in curriculum development
- Sound knowledge of modern approaches
- Pedagogy style – play based, holistic, exploration and questioning
- salary of 100,000 baht/month
- contract completion bonus
- health insurance
- approximately 14 weeks paid holiday (during each academic year)
- opportunities for professional development through the ISS network
7) APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- Applications should be sent directly to - email@example.com
- NOTE: If applications do not have the following information they will not be considered:
i) The email’s subject should be ‘EYFS teacher’.
ii) A short introductory email / cover letter
iii) Your recently updated CV that includes the name and contact details of three professional referees. They will not be contacted until after interviews have occurred.
iv) A recent photograph
v) A scan of your ID or passport’s photo page
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
8) For further information about our school please look at our website (www.tsi.ac.th) or Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TSIS.school/). Applicants may also look at the ISS webpage to get a greater understanding of our organisation’s mission and see the other quality international schools we work with in Thailand and around the world (www.iss.edu).
*** The school accepts applications sent by email ONLY. We do not accept ‘drop-in’ applicants at any time ***
ABOUT TSIS JUNIOR SCHOOL:
TSIS (Thai Sikh International School) has been educating students since 1985. During the past 34 years, the school has developed two exceptional campuses with facilities which compare to some of the finest schools in Thailand and abroad to educate students aged 3 to 18 years.
Since August 2017, we have been managed by International School Services, who are associated with over 350 schools in 70 countries. Despite incredible growth, we remain a friendly, progressive school which aims to develop critical and creative thinkers who drive their own learning.
TSIS Junior School is centrally located in Wongwianyai district of Bangkok. The school opened in January 2005 after years of carefully planning an environment that is ideal for children aged 3-11 years to grow and learn together.
The Junior Campus is equipped with academic, sporting and other extracurricular facilities which outshine many other international schools in the area. In addition to spacious classrooms, facilities incorporated in the design of the four-story building include an assembly hall, air-conditioned gymnasium, libraries and dining hall. First-time visitors to the school are impressed by its beautiful, grassed playground and swimming pools.
The Junior School provides the first three Key Stages of the UK National Curriculum for children in Nursery – Year 6 classes.
The majority of TSIS students were historically been of Indian descent. However, with 16 nationalities now in our school, TSIS is now becoming a true international school as we welcome students and teachers of all nationalities, races and religions.