|Udon Thani International School|
|At least ฿75,000 / month (full time)|
EAL/Learning Support Teacher
PostedUdon Thani International School (UDIS) is a co-educational, day school for students from the expatriate community of Udon Thani and Thai students seeking an international education. UDIS offers a broad and comprehensive curriculum, based on the National Curriculum of England (NCE) and the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), to students from 2 to 12 years of age. The school is a candidate school for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate and a member of the Council of International Schools (CIS).
As such, we require an experienced English as an Additional Language (EAL) teacher or Learning Support Teacher to join our team and become part of our balanced learning environment teaching using the NCE and PYP as we work towards CIS and IB accreditation.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have home country educational and teacher qualifications
- Have home country teaching experience
- Have proven experience working with EAL students or learning support experience
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL or related certificates
- Adaptable, flexible, community minded and student centred.
It would be advantageous for the candidate to have the following:
- Experience of the International Baccalaureate
- ICT experience and applications for student learning
- Knowledge of project based and inquiry learning methodologies
- Experience in international school environments
Experience in teaching the International Baccalaureate is an advantage, however what is more important is the willingness to recognise the diversity that exists in the student body and not to teach from a mono-cultural perspective. We are primarily looking for teachers who will be able to inspire in their students a love for learning.
Teachers are expected to be efficient, professional, good team members and ambassadors for the School. All staff are issued with a job description and will be appraised accordingly.
UDIS is a friendly school where teachers are extremely valued and looked after. We will do our best to support you and help you flourish at our school because we believe happy teachers can deliver the best education to our students while the wellbeing of our teachers is a core strategy for the school.
As such, we offer a professional working environment and an attractive remuneration and benefits package which include (for full time contracts):
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- 10-15,000 baht per month accommodation allowance
- Annual professional development allowance
- Health insurance
- Visas and work permits to work in Thailand
- Placement of any accompanying children
- 2 year contract
- Daily school lunches and snacks
- One return ticket to home country per contract if based outside Thailand
To apply, please contact the UDIS Head of School, Lindsay Stuart, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your resume. The position has a flexible start date but likely from August onwards to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
All potential applicants must be legal to work in Thailand or be able to provide all necessary documentation that may be needed to work legally. Any costs incurred in providing any necessary documentation, or meeting any requirements, is the responsibility of the applicant.