|Settabutr Upathum School|
|At least ฿42,000 / month (full time)|
Primary Level EFL Teacher
PostedSettabutr Upathum School is looking for multiple EFL primary & kindergarten teachers to join our young team. Benefits on offer include a comprehensive well-being package, housing allowance, 10 weeks paid holidays, an end of contract bonus and more
We are a medium-sized private primary school, with a kindergarten section, hidden among an oasis of trees in the midst of a highly residential North-Eastern area of Bangkok, with the nearest MRT station, Lat Phrao, 3 km away from the school. Our team is filling up fast but we still need a Primary level EFL teacher to join our diverse team for the 2019/2020 Academic year!!!
The candidate will be required to have a significant role in planning and resourcing effective and varied lessons and activities, with continued support from the Foreign Languages Department Leader, a qualiﬁed (QTS, PGCert) teacher from the UK. All team members are expected to deliver these lessons in an engaging, and exciting way that will maintain the attention of our classes (between 25 and 35 children are in each class).
- Passport holders from the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, or USA.
- Passport holders from South Africa or ﬂuent English speakers from elsewhere need a minimum TOEIC score of 975 (or an equivalent of C2 on the CEFR level) to be considered as a native speaker.
- A Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with an oﬃcial transcript. CELTA, TEFL or TESOL certiﬁcate is not essential but passion, willingness to learn and some grit are.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience. Knowledge of teaching Phonics will be an advantage but not essential.
- Must be available to start May 2019. A later start MAY be negotiable.
*** Starts at 42,000 THB per month (40,000 base salary + 2,000 housing allowance) ***
A teacher (of any nationality) with a TOEIC score (or equivalent) of 975 or above will be considered as a ‘native speaker’ if the candidate has evidence of their recent score, a neutral accent with an excellent command of the English language shown during the interview AND eventually completes one full academic year with our school.
- From 42,000 THB per month (base salary + housing allowance).
- A maximum 5,000 THB per month salary increase after 4-month probation, depending on the candidate’s teaching qualiﬁcation.
- One-year contract (renewable annually after performance appraisal).
- End of service gratuity (depending on performance appraisal).
- Yearly incremental housing allowance.
- Comprehensive private medical insurance that includes OPD entitlements.
- Approximately 10 weeks paid holiday with all Thai National Holidays fully observed with guaranteed Christmas Period oﬀ.
- Visas and work permit fully assisted and paid for.
- Future annual travel bonus, eligible from the end of the 2nd contract
- Air-conditioned classrooms and staﬀ room with WiFi.
- Free home-cook Thai lunch during the week.
- Assistance in ﬁnding suitable accommodation near the school.
Professional development package
- Teaching hours of no more than 24 hours per week. (M-F, 7:30 - 16:00)
- Competitive performance related pay increase after annual appraisal.
- Ongoing internal and external professional development opportunities.
Some tips for passing an initial screening process :)
- Please check that your application ﬁlls all the stated requirement above before submitting your documents, as incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- Applications through the Ajarn.com portal are welcomed but other supporting documents must be submitted as well.
- Please put in some effort as personalized applications are more likely to be considered than "mass/group" applications.
- Your personalized application should be addressed to the Foreign Languages Department Leader, Mr. Nathan Rose, and sent to
with the following attachments:
1) Up-to-date CV/Resume with complete work history (including current employment).
2) Personalized covering letter stating why you are suitable for this position and your current immigration status.
3) Clear copies of other supporting academic documents such as your Bachelor’s Degree, Transcript and latest TOEIC score, if applicable.
4) A copy of your current passport data page (this is necessary so we can check your eligibility for a Thai teaching license. We only need the passport number and your name so feel free to conceal other information if you are concerned about identity theft).
5) A short video recording introducing yourself.
6) Two unique references must be available upon request.
Please note the following:
- Settabutr Upathum School is fully committed to safeguarding our children, therefore, a safe and thorough recruitment process is implemented using local and/or international criminal record checks/police clearance, as well as written reference checks from previous employers, to vet all shortlisted candidates. Any offer of appointment will be subject to the candidate successfully completing these checks.
- Agreed salary may vary from advertised rate, depending on the candidate’s qualiﬁcation and classroom experience, subject to negotiation during the interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notiﬁed for a class demonstration and interview during March - April 2019.
- Finally...thank you for reading thus far...do mention your little conquest during the interview to impress us!
To see what we do and how we nurture our children's learning, please visit the school's Instagram and Facebook pages
We look forward to hearing from you!