|At least ฿60,000 / month (full time)|
TV Show English Teachers (5 positions)
Posted***Unique Opportunity to Be Trained and Highly Paid as a TV Show English Teacher in Bangkok, Thailand - ONLY 5 SPOTS!***
You will never see anything like this, so read closely!
TEFL Heaven is recruiting 5 English teachers (TEFL) to become Kids TV Show Teachers, broadcasting live to about 10,000 Chinese students each class, teaching English online.
Classes are 30 mins long and are basically you, in front of a green screen, teaching English like a kids TV show presenter would, in a fun and engaging way, alongside animation. A chat box comes up on the screen in front of you and children all around China comment to you in English as you teach your English lesson, live.
Yeah, it’s nothing like you’ve ever heard of before, right? Right. So read on.
There’s no classroom management at all, because this is online teaching - new age online teaching. Instead of teaching a class of 30 kids, your influence and teaching will affect thousands of children, who see you as an icon and send you videos and letters of gratitude for helping them learn English.
Some of these kids have never met a foreigner, and may never meet one due to the size of China and the lack of English teachers there. Hence their gratitude to you for your English lessons.
- You need to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand by 29th April 2019 or earlier
- Maximum 25 teaching hours per week in the contract, but….
- Average teaching/ performance hours are currently 10 hrs per week
- 2 days off during the week, normally Saturday/ Sunday OR Friday/ Sunday
- Classes are generally between 12pm and 8pm, broadcast live to China schools and homes
- Flexibility in working hours - just make sure you are there for your live lesson/ performance and to do rehearsals before going live
- That’s about 2-3 hours of work per day
- Full training and easing into the job before going live - at least one months training
- Dedicated trainer who works with you to help you develop performance, presentation and communication skills, and supports/ coaches you in the job
- Western managed by a manager who has managed hundreds of foreign teachers over 11 years in Thailand, meaning you are well looked after and understood culturally (as opposed to Chinese or Thai management not fully understanding cultural differences)
- The classroom/ green screen room is air conditioned so no need to worry about it being too hot
- Airport pickup arranged so you do not need to worry when you arrive in Bangkok - you are well looked after
- 20 teachers already teaching in this style, so you have a great community of teachers here when you arrive to socialise with, as well as 9 other new teachers alongside you
- Facebook group setup for the new teachers so you can make friends before you even arrive
- Accommodation assistance when you arrive so you can get the condo/ apartment you want with that swimming pool you desire - there are plenty around within budget
- There is an opportunity once a month for one teacher to get free flights and accommodation to go to Beijing and teach there for a week, and meet real students
- 13 personal days (holidays) per year, with Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year off in addition
- 60,000 THB salary per month (that’s about $1,380 US dollars per month)
- About 15,000 THB estimated living costs per month (if you have a budget)
- 170,000 THB contract completion bonus (about $5,065 US dollars!)
- FREE Medical Insurance
- You must sign a one year contract
- ONLY 5 SPACES
And with that said, I asked the current teachers what they liked the most about the job, and they told me it was the relaxed working atmosphere and the flexibility with the work hours. If you want the benefit of moving abroad to teach, without the hassle of classroom management and being well looked after in your job, then this may be right for you.
If you want a job like this, then you have to be this kind of person:
- You need a Bachelor's Degree in any subject
- Hold a TESOL or TEFL certificate
- Outgoing and not shy in any way
- Interested in drama and performance
- Want to make a difference to thousands of children who may not meet a foreigner
- Want to work in a fun but professional environment
- Want to explore a new country and culture
- You need to be native English speaking and be a national from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand
- You need to commit to a year contract and start on or before 1st May 2019
No teaching experience is necessary.
To find out more information and to apply, go to this page: