|Trat English Community (TEC)|
|At least ฿17,000 / month (full time)|
Early Childhood English Teacher / Teaching Assistant
PostedTEC is an innovative, small English language college located in a beautiful coastal town that is a leaping off point to the surrounding tropical islands. TEC is run by an experienced language instructor who sees this position as not just an opportunity to experience another culture firsthand but also one for professional development. We are well resourced and are always looking for ways to improve our teaching. We need a teacher who wants to develop professionally and fit into a teaching culture that expects more from its students.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of lessons
- Teaching 20-24 hours per week (This includes acting as a teaching assistant in larger classes)
- Participating in classroom observations to improve teaching
- Engaging students with storytelling, song and puppets
- Being a role model to students on how to be a successful language learner
- Supervising free play for students aged between 2-5-6 years old
- Contributing to special events and professional development at the college
- Providing feedback for students to improve their English skills
Minimum Bachelor Degree (Primary or Preschool Education or Teaching English)
A high-level of proficiency in English
A warm and caring attitude towards children
Position is suitable for NNES
Preference will be given to candidates with some teaching experience
Salary & Benefits
- 17,000-22,000 Thai baht per month depending on qualifications and experience (Trat is a small town with a low cost of living)
- One-year (12 month) contract [with opportunity to extend at the end of the contract based on performance]
- End of contract bonus of 10,000 baht
- 4 weeks paid holiday per year (including some national holidays)
- Accident Insurance
- Visa & work permit for 1 year
- Thai teaching assistant in Teeny TEC classes (age 2-5-4)
- Assistance in finding accommodation and transportation
- In-house training and professional development
Applicants need to complete a cover letter detailing why they would be suitable for this position with an up-to-date resume and passport photo. Bearing in mind that your students will be young learner or primary level students.
Interviews will be conducted using Skype and potential candidates will need to discuss a range of teaching concepts. We are aiming to fill the position by March 2019.
If you want to find out more about us, then check our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/tectratenglish/).
Applications should be sent to Damien Herlihy, Director of Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.