|TSIS International School - Wongwianyai Campus|
|At least ฿100,000 / month (full time)|
Nursery and Year 1 Teachers for January Start
PostedOur school is conveniently located in Wongwianyai district of Bangkok. Since August 2017, we have been managed by International School Services, who are associated with over 350 schools in 70 countries. We remain are a friendly, progressive school which aims to develop critical and creative thinkers who drive their own learning.
All applicants must be qualified teachers and familiar with Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 of the UK National Curriculum.
DETAILS OF THE POSITIONS:
1) Contracts will begin on 7th January 2019 and conclude in July 2020 (approximately 18 months).
2) MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and effectively teach units aligned to the UK EYFS & KS1 curriculum
- Supervise children according to a duty roster
- Participate in curricular committees
- Be involved in extracurricular activities within school hours
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor of Education (specialising in Early Childhood or Primary Education) or equivalent post graduate qualification from a reputable university.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an early childhood/primary school setting outside of Thailand.
5) HIGHLY DESIRABLE:
- Additional qualifications and/or recent professional development
- Familiarity and experience differentiating for ESL students
- Familiarity and experience in curriculum development
- Sound knowledge of modern approaches
- Pedagogy style – play & inquiry based, holistic, exploration, questioning
- salary of 100,000 baht/month
- contract completion bonus
- health insurance
- approximately 14 weeks paid holiday (during each academic year)
- opportunities for professional development through the ISS network
7) APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- Applications should be sent directly to - email@example.com
- NOTE: If applications do not have the following information they will not be considered:
i) The email’s subject should be ‘Nursery teacher’ or ‘Year 1 teacher’
ii) A short introductory email / cover letter
iii) Your recently updated CV that includes the name and contact details of three professional referees. They will not be contacted until after interviews have occurred.
iv) A recent photograph
v) A scan of your ID or passport’s photo page
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview. Interviews will occur in mid-November.
8) For further information about our school please look at our website (www.tsi.ac.th) or Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TSIS.school/). Applicants may also look at the ISS webpage to get a greater understanding of our organisation’s mission and see the other quality international schools we work with in Thailand and around the world (www.iss.edu).
*** The school accepts applications sent by email ONLY. We do not accept ‘drop-in’ applicants at any time ***
ABOUT TSIS JUNIOR SCHOOL:
TSIS (Thai Sikh International School) has been educating students since 1985. During the past 33 years, the school has developed two exceptional campuses with facilities which compare to some of the finest schools in Thailand and abroad to educate students aged 3 to 18 years.
TSIS Junior School is centrally located in Wongwianyai district of Bangkok. The school opened in January 2005 after years of carefully planning an environment that is ideal for children aged 3-11 years to grow and learn together.
The Junior Campus is equipped with academic, sporting and other extracurricular facilities which outshine many other international schools in the area. In addition to spacious classrooms, facilities incorporated in the design of the four-story building include an assembly hall, air-conditioned gymnasium, libraries and dining hall. First-time visitors to the school are impressed by its beautiful, grassed playground and swimming pools.
The Junior School provides the first three Key Stages of the UK National Curriculum for children in Nursery – Year 5 classes.
The majority of TSIS students were historically been of Indian descent. However, when handing over management of the school to ISS, the school board emphasised that they would like to see their school’s exceptional facilities shared with others. TSIS is now becoming a true international school as we welcome students and teachers of all nationalities, races and religions.